For Tibet, With Love
'Sometimes you just have to do something, don't you? Sometimes an injustice comes along and you think 'No, this cannot be', and rather than just turn off the TV, you know it's time to act'
So begins Isabel Losada's extraordinary For Tibet, With Love in which she explores whether it's possible for an ordinary person to change the world, just a little, and if something so serious can be achieved with joy in one's heart. From visits to Nepal and Tibet, to meetings with the Chinese ambassador and Tibetan awareness-raising groups, Isabel single-handedly hatches a stunning PR coup involving Nelson's Column, a 15 metre banner and a base-jumping parachutist that captured headlines worldwide.
And then she meets the Dalai Lama...Warm and funny, moving and thought-provoking, the astonishing For Tibet, With Love celebrates the fact that we can make a difference.
Ten Indispensable Things You Need to Change the World.
1. A Crazy, Wonderful, Foolish, Positive Plan.
2. A Storage Cupboard. To put your TV in.
3. Selective deafness (Complete inability to hear the word 'no.')
4. A Coffee Addiction. (Impossible Otherwise)
5. Unconditional Love for Others. 24 / 7.
6. Deranged Friends. (see 7)
7. An irrational desire to do mad things - called 'fundraising' (jump out of planes etc)
8. A website that you made yourself and can maintain yourself.
9. An unbalanced sense of humour.
10. Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy, Persistence, Joy...